[NAGDU] {Spam?} Re: My little girl

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 16:01:15 UTC 2016

Hi Dar:

I am glad your little girl is making progress in her work.  I do feel sorry
for you with her relieving herself in the house.  I think that is one of the
most frustrating problems to deal with and a tough habit to break.  I had it
with a couple of my dogs when they first got home but with correction when
they went in the house and lots of praise for going outside they quickly
learned what was expected of them.  I would say within a couple of weeks to
a month or so after coming home with them.  When I was dealing with it the
trainers said it was probably stress as they adjusted to their new home.  In
your case it has been long enough that this is not your problem.  It seems
that your little girl is doing this out of spite when she doesn't get her
way.  You have mentioned this before and I keep hoping she will outgrow this
very annoying habit.  I am surprised that the trainers haven't come up with
anything else but keeping her on leash all the time or in her crate.  It is
obviously a behavior issue because she does not do it when she is working.
Have they told you to correct for the bad behavior followed by taking her
out and then praising when she goes where she is supposed to relieve
herself?  You might want to ask the school if her puppy raisers had any
problems with her going in the house.  If she did, they definitely should
have told Pilot of this behavior so they would not put her out as a guide.
Anyway, I do feel bad for you and hope this problem gets better soon.

Sandra and Eva