[NAGDU] going in to hospital soon

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Wed Apr 20 14:06:02 UTC 2016

Hi, Steph.  If she has to go bad enough, she will.  I'm not sure what your
dog care arrangements will be, i.e., boarding at a kennel or keeping your
dog with a friend, but she will go if she has to bad enough.  When she does
finally go, the person taking her out just needs to praise her up.  All
three of my dogs have always been very aware of me and attentive to my needs
to the point of exhibiting a bit of separation anxiety if they know I'm
close but can't physically touch me.  But this only happens if they can see
or hear me.  They have all settled down and behaved once I'm physically out
of the picture.

I'm not sure what kind of procedure you're having, but I'd be careful about
expecting hospital staff to take the dog out.  If you'll be conscious and
able to physically care for the dog this might work depending on your room
arrangement.  But if you're being sedated or can't physically move for
whatever reason, you're better off having someone else do this for you, and
not a hospital staff member you don't know.  I wouldn't even let a
well-meaning volunteer do this unless I absolutely have no choice.  Also,
the staff isn't legally responsible for your dog, so if something happens
and you need to be transferred to ICU or have emergency surgery or something
it would cause an unnecessary complication to have someone there

Just my thoughts on this.  Hope all goes well at the hospital.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com

Never make the same mistake twice. There are so many new ones, try a
different one each day.