[NAGDU] [nagdu] health certificates on flights

Christina Moore christina.moore16 at houghton.edu
Wed Apr 20 17:47:56 UTC 2016

I agree, always have one with you. I ran into a problem when I went to Florida and my family and I were at Universal. I wanted to keep Onyx in the kennel but I did not have her certificate. I had to contact the vet, have them fax the certificate and even then I still was not allowed to keep her in the kennel because she did not have the Bordetella shot. So, it is best to have one just in case. Also, if you plan on having your dog in the kennel for even the day while you're at an amusement park, you should get them Bordetella before you leave.
I was able to bring her to Sea World kennel the next day so that she did not have to be out in the sweltering heat (Sea World does not require Bordetella for dogs being left at the kennel.

God bless.--Christina