[NAGDU] going in to hospital soon

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 21 12:43:28 UTC 2016

Oh wow, that is major surgery.  I hope all goes well and you have a speedy
and relatively pain free recovery.

I think you've already solved you're problem.  You mentioned that she
doesn't go *IF*you're around.  This is because she feels responsible for you
and has been conditioned to obey you.  Going off with someone else, even
someone she knows short circuits her doggy brain.  <grin>

But, once you're gone she's going to look for someone else to direct her.
Once you're gone she might have a stressful few minutes and then she'll be
fine.    I know it sounds weird to think of it that way, but dogs are mostly
in the moment.  She knows your husband so she'll be used to him.

I haven't had to leave my dogs often, but when I do they always adjust just
fine.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com

Never make the same mistake twice. There are so many new ones, try a
different one each day.