[NAGDU] Apartment Complex- Picking up poop

Jessica N. Naert jessica.n.naert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:09:11 UTC 2016

Hello there!

I am involved in a guide dog handlers group and someone asked if an apartment complex can require their guide dog to submit to a fecal DNA test if they are requesting all animals in the complex to do so upon move in. The conversation developed and one participant stated that guide dog handlers weren't required to pick up poop. I emailed NAGDU and got the response that some communities have ordinances that don't require guide dog handlers to pick up the poop but since we as blind individuals are trying to get our society to treat us as equal and full participants, we should pick up our dogs poop. I totally agree. What do you all think about the Fecal DNA test? I left a voicemail for the hotline but just was curious what you all thought.

Thank you,
Jessica N. Naert