[NAGDU] {Spam?} Re: Apartment Complex- Picking up poop

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 16:24:14 UTC 2016

Hello:

I have heard of this.  My complex was considering it.  Many complexes have a
serious problem of people not cleaning up after their pet dogs.  The
thinking is that if they had DNA fecal tests on each dog, then when anyone
finds fecal matter it could be tested in order to identify the offending pet
owner.  As for the blind not being expected to pick up, that depends on the
individual complex or sometimes local laws and exemptions to those laws for
the blind.  Many people think a blind person is not able to pick up after
their own dogs.  Most of these laws have been on the books for years and
they have not caught on that all the schools teach this now.  In many
complexes they are also considering the difficulty of physically disabled
people in wheelchairs not being able to pick up after their service dogs
either.  No matter what the complex does, it is still up to the guide or
service dog owner to do what they feel is their responsibility.  For
example, due to physical disabilities, I am not able to bend down to pick up
after my guide dog.  I hire a pet waste removal service to clean my back
yard once a week and this has satisfied my apartment complex staff.  I hope
this clarifies the situation for you.

Sandra