[NAGDU] Guide Dog Harnesses of the Past was Re: Pilot Dogs HarnessQuestion

Caitlyn Furness caitlyn.furness at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:46:52 UTC 2016

I remember when I had my first guide dog from GDB-back in the 80’s.  they used one of those quick release snaps on the right side of the harness so you could take it off and put it on easily.  I missed that when I had my seeing eye dogs, but soon got used to not having that and using the buckle under the tummy and the martingale strap…  I also remember the fur savers.  I don’t find that you can give a good correction with those, unless you get the really good Herm Sprenger ones.  With my Dobie, though, one of these is not necessary since she has such close fine fur.

Cait