[NAGDU] Convention Relief Issues, was Re: Just a thought

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Tue Apr 26 15:47:49 UTC 2016

Just out of curiosity, do you have an official count of how many guide dog teams attend all or part of the NFB convention? I know it’s been steadily increasing over the last 10 years but has it really reached over 200? Over 100?

Not challenging, just asking for actual statistics.

I ask this because the *Other convention* historically has around 200 to 400 teams, most of who are officially registered and maybe another 50 who aren’t, or didn’t register as guide dog teams. They do have a voluntary donation with a fixed amount, but you can always give more. I want to say it starts at $15. I don’t have figures on exactly how much they receive each year from this donation box on the registration form.

All the same issues arise at that convention as well, nothing  new there.

I think the worst possible situation was our 1994 convention in Chicago. Right downtown, around 600 registered guide dog teams and the closest grass was literally blocks away across very busy streets. Obviously it’s a memorable point for anyone who was there.