[NAGDU] Harness handles

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Aug 11 21:35:01 UTC 2016

Hey Kerri,

Yes, Arnie's fantastic, and they do make very nice harnesses. I have a description of mine here somewhere, just a sec. About $400, a bit less if you don't get the little pouch (I recommend the pouch, it's super handy) will get you a very nice harness though. Just be careful about measurements. Anyway, can't recommend Arnie highly enough. He's putting the scissor clips on my handle, and he's just been super to deal with as I try to get this harness right!

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 4:27 PM, Kerri Stovall via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hey sandra and all,
> I just called Arnie at Circle E and he was very kind and helpful when answering all of my questions. He said that he'd be happy to make me a handle with what he called scissor clips, I think those resemble the clips Buddy described, where you press the flat piece to the inside of the clip to unhook it from the D ring of the harness. I think he may even make harnesses too. I found his fb page also, and it was very informative. Anyway, I got a call from Ray today also because I'd asked him if they had any idea where to find any, and he said that they tried those types of handles at one point but the handlers that they were trying them with, did not like the quick release handles because they flopped around too much, just like Sandra said, but that could be because the clips were the leash snap ones like Sandra had before. So, I think that the trigger clips, or scissors clips, will work better also.
> Kerri
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 11, 2016, at 3:06 PM, S L Johnson via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Kerri:
>>
>> I also have a dog from Pilot and I also hate their harness handles.  For
>> those of you who don't know, our handles just wrap around the D-Ring and
>> have to be pinched together with a pair of pliers.  Kerri is right that it
>> takes a lot of strength to do this.  I prefer a handle that I can take off
>> when traveling, especially when the dog has to fit under a seat or in small
>> spaces.  The only handle I have tried was from Bridgeport Equipment.  I did
>> not like that one because it went on with leash style clips that twisted and
>> flopped around too much.  Eva does not have much pull to the harness so with
>> the clips moving around so much it was more difficult to follow her
>> correctly.
>>
>> Sandra and Eva

>>> Www.trainerschoice.com