[NAGDU] Very Sad News

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:14:17 UTC 2016

Hi all, Mardi here.Things here have been very hard  on me. In June, I lost
2 of my rescued Bearded Dragon lizards with in a week of each other. They
died of a deadly virus. On Monday morning of this passed week, my Beloved
Wanagi died. She was the white Husky that I adopted from our local pound
and I was going to train her as my guide. She had a cough that was
diagnosed as kennel cough. She still had the cough after the meds were
gone. She was diagnosed with Valley Fever She recovered from that and was
able to be off the meds. Again I tried to train her as my guide. One day I
noticed that one of her beautiful blue eyes looked different.Off to the vet
again. I was told that the Valley Fever had gone to her eye and she was
blind in that eye. I so wanted Wanagi to be my guide but it was not to be.
Wanagi was such a sweet,loving dog and this just breaks my heart. Any way,
that morning,she was laying by my bed and all of a sudden I heard her cry
out, the most blood curdling, in pain sound. I jumped off the bed to see
what was wrong.She just lay there, unresponsive. I called my friend and she
rushed over and another friend helped us get Wanagi in the car. As we were
in the car on the way to the vet, thoughts of my beloved guide Nala were
going through my mind. This was very sudden and  both Nala and Wanagi  were
perfectly fine an hour before this happened. Neither one showed any
symptoms at all.We got to the vet and were waiting to hear what the vet had
to say. Wanagi had the same tumor on the spleen that killed Nala in
2011.Wanagi's tumor also had grown all the way up to her heart. The one on
the spleen had burst. There was nothing that could be done for her. She was
put to sleep. I loved Wanagi as much as my guide dogs and my heart is
broken. All the other dogs have been looking for her as she was the pack
leader,that is, under me.The vet said that this kind of tumor is very
common,and she sees about 2 to 3 dogs a month with the same tumor,and the
outcome is always death.      With sad hearts,   Mardi and
Shaman,semi-retired, Neechee,GD and Sedona, GDIT and Tokala, Tunun,Tess,
and Mayah, my rescues and Lady who is staying with me for a while until she
can go and live with Rachel.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/