[NAGDU] Traffic checks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 16 18:46:21 UTC 2016

There's a street I cross 2-3 times a week where we frequently get traffic
checks.  There's a light, and I know when in the cycle it's my turn to go,
but it also seems like anyone can turn any time they want.  Damn
right-on-red and the scum who thought of it.

Did you know in NJ it's illegal for a driver to enter the crosswalk when a
blind person is in it?  I didn't, until I read the law, and I'm sure drivers
don't know, either.  I'd settle for not entering the crosswalk until I'm
good and past.

I'm wondering if contacting the police would achieve anything.

Or I could cross further up, a couple blocks from the light, which makes me
a bit nervous, but fewer idiots turn on me.

Krokus has been fantastic, looking out for us, but really, who needs it?

Tracy