[NAGDU] leader dog for the blind denial

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 11:57:22 UTC 2016

John

I'm wondering if you are speeding up and then slowing down a lot?  If your
pace changes frequently and abruptly, I could see how that would be a
challenge for a dog.  I think it would cause confusion and then eventually
hesitancy.

I think we all change pace, faster outdoors, slower when shopping, maybe
slower when walking with another person, faster when it's cold etc.
However, those pace changes are reasonably consistent throughout that
portion of the errand.   or route.  Erratic walking, including a lot of
sudden stops and starts or going fast and slow could certainly cause issues.

I'm guessing they are looking for greater steadiness and consistency with
your pace.  Does that sound like what they told you?

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC