[NAGDU] Alone At Home

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Aug 20 15:21:57 UTC 2016

I have two guides that I switch between right now.  I owner train and have
to plan long, long in advance for the next dog.   So right now there's
overlap.  Anyway, this means that every single time I go anywhere one dog is
being left behind.  It's never been a problem.  If I'm gone for more than 5
or 6 hours I will be sure to have someone to let out the dog at home.

Both of my dogs are the follow me around the house variety.  They are happy
to have me back home, but don't have a fuss about being left.   The older
dog gets the run of the house.  The younger I will kennel if she will be
alone for more than half an hour or so.  She's a good dog, but in the back
of my mind I still worry that she will get creative with too much time on
her hands! *smile*

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC