[NAGDU] Counter-surfer is back

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Dec 2 14:32:49 UTC 2016

I thought Krokus had gotten over counter-surfing, but he's taken it up
again.  I forgot I'd left a dirty napkin in a saucer on an end-table, and he
jumped up and grabbed it when I walked away. It took a while for me to
figure out what had happened, so I couldn't snarl at him in a timely way.
And since then I've caught him jumping up twice.  I've let him know my
displeasure, but it hasn't helped so far.

I guess I'll try setting him up, leave something tasty where he can see it
while I'm sitting close by, and stop him if he goes for it.

Last go-round with this, TSE said to put some coins in a can and toss it at
him when he jumped up.  They clearly don't know what a lousy pitcher I am.

If anyone has ideas that have worked, I'd be interested.  I'm bummed, since
Krokus had been doing much better with his undesirable behavior, and then I
let him get a big win and we're back to square 1.  Or maybe 1.5, since he
knows what I want; he just is more interested in what he wants.

Tracy and the Hellhound