[NAGDU] update about my new dog

Raul A. Gallegos raul at raulgallegos.com
Sun Dec 4 16:20:33 UTC 2016

Hello everyone. Originally the plan for me was to go to New York and
attend the January class of GEB to get my new dog. Immediately after
graduating, I was going to travel to DC for the Washington Seminar.
However, after careful discussion with one of the field reps and with
Ben from GEB, it looks like I will be doing a home training program in
January. This way, the new team can be established in my home
environment before traveling to DC as a totally new team. I have to
confess that I was up for the challenge of going to DC right away from
GEB graduation, but I also understand the school's feelings about this.
It's not something I would recommend to a dog handler who is getting a
dog for the first time. Nor would I recommend going to a totally new
environment with a new team like this. However, I was up for the
challenge because I've had a dog before and I've been to Washington
Seminar before. So, although I won't be going to the January class, it
looks like I still will have a new dog by the time Washington Seminar
takes place.

Thanks, and I welcome any comments or feedback about this.

Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer
“Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be.” –
David Thornburg

Voice/Text: 832.554.7285
Office: 832.639.4477
Personal Email: raul at raulgallegos.com