[NAGDU] Under Command was: Airlines/preboarding

Charlene Ota caota4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:35:33 UTC 2016

A couple things,  I have come to know from other experiences that I think my
dog has just a bit of closterfobia and he gets really uncomfortable if he
gets too closed in. I've only noticed in one or two situations in all the
years that I've had him, but I suspect being under an airplane seat
especially in the window one might be a little too much for him to take. I
haven't traveled in a few years, but I used to do the bulkhead with him for
my preference as he's a big boy (not near as big as Marion's little boy
hoever), and fairly never really tried to get him under the seat. I put him
under chairs and things like that, though. Now, I would not ask it of him,
probably wouldn't even take him on a long trip, he's 12, got joint issues
probably arthritis, and all, probably very close to retiring. But, if I get
another dog, you guys have good points about this issue.

Oh, and the second thing is what do you do when you find yourself in the
seats where there's electronics under the seat in front of you, there's no
way anybody's dog's going under there unless there one of those teacups or
something (smile)