[NAGDU] TEDx Talk on disability and imagination—with a guide dog!

Emily K. Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:19:17 UTC 2016

Dear friends:

I’m writing to share my recent TEDx Talk on disability and imagination. My talk was part of the TEDxFSCJ: Engage Conference in November, and it’s titled “The confluence of disaiblity and imagination.” In this talk, I explore the limited characters that others often expect disabled people to play—and how we can find a more empathetic alternative through dialogue, negotiation, and imagination.

For those with vision, you might be able to see my trusty guide York lying at my feet! I think he might be the first guide to appear on the TED stage.

Here’s the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9hBVPY0fC8

If you encounter any trouble accessing the talk, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy it!

Warmly,
Emily
---
Emily K. Michael
emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authoremilykmichael/
Twitter: @ModwynEarendel

“Science, technology, and the economic uses of nature need not be antithetical to celebration.”
 –Gary Snyder, The Practice of the Wild