[NAGDU] Workshops?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:15:44 UTC 2016

If you feel more comfortable using a cane in this setting, go for it.
That being said, I've been bringing my dog to lab classes practically
since day one with no mishaps. As long as the dog doesn't break
position and you keep some distance between her and the chemicals, you
should be fine. I typically try to pick a spot where people probably
won't be walking by very often (I don't want anyone accidentally
dropping something on my dog) and put the pup behind me. If the
chemicals and such are set up more toward one side, the dog goes on
the other. I know some people will put their dog in a crate or tie
down in a corner or somewhere out of the way, but this probably isn't
necessary unless space is very limited.

I usually don't need to walk around much in these settings, but I have
no reservations concerning working the dog. He is a scavenger, but
there's generally nothing extremely appealing, at least when he's
under very close supervision. I'll check the floor right in front of
him when he first lays down to make sure there's nothing in easy
reach, but beyond that he won't scavenge if it means breaking a stay.

I hope you find something that works for you.
Danielle and Thai, who likes to sleep bark through chemistry class