[NAGDU] Boarding buses.

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 26 15:25:08 UTC 2016

Vivianna, I couldn't agree more.
A long time ago, GDB told us to heel the dog on and off the bus.  After banging into a pole, I decided that was just dumb.  If I work my dog off, I can tell how far down the last step is, and avoid any obstacle in front of the door.  I hold on with my right hand to the door, to help me balance stepping down to the curb.
I work my dog onto the bus because there are often other people getting on, too, and I don't know if someone has stopped in front of me for some reason.
If the door is narrow, I'll let my dog go ahead of me a bit.
Tracy