[NAGDU] Guide dog from the US

Caitlyn Furness caitlyn.furness at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 20:08:30 UTC 2016

Hi Lisa,

I know someone who is from the Netherlands and she got a dog from Seeing Eye.

I have heard of others doing the same, from various schools, but really don’t know what the process is for doing it.  with the internet as it is now, I think everything could be done online and through sending videos in place of a home interview, if the school wants a home interview normally.

The wait here in North America is long as well, the shortest time I’ve heard of lately is something like 6 months from date of acceptance to class date.  I’ve also heard of some programs being a two year wait, though, so it just depends on the program and what the handler needs, I suppose.

Caitlyn