[NAGDU] picking up after dog

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:47:02 UTC 2016

Sandra, for the first few days, we don't pick up, and
instructoffs tell us what our dogs are doing.  This helps me
because I begin to recognize the movements my dogs are making.
After that though, we begin touching our dogs and picking up
after them, and they show us how.  TSE has done this since my
first dog in 1981.  Back then it was encouraged, but people
didn't have to pick up.  Now I believe everyone is taught how
unless there is some physical reasoy why someone can't pick up.
I think Pilot is dead wrong not to teach their 'students to pick
up.  If people choose not to when they get home, well, that's
their choice.  But you need to know how.  It's like at NFB
training centers, owe learn to do lots of things that people
might not do ever again, but it's good to know how or that you
can.    Debby and Nova