[NAGDU] picking up after dog

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 03:20:27 UTC 2016

Debby:
I lived in New York City in In 1976 when they passed their pooper scooper
laws.  At that time they decided that blind people were exempt from that law
because it was much too dangerous for us to be bending down into traffic.  I
agreed with the exemption at that time and still do.  If the person lives in
an area where it is safe, then picking up is fine but, I would hate to see
blind people put in danger when curbing their dogs in very busy areas.  Now
I live in India and I really do not know if there is a law or not.  In my
senior housing complex , which is private housing, there is a rule about
picking up but many of the seniors hire it done or have family or friends
who help with their pet or service dogs.  We do have back yards so the dogs
can go out of public view.  I make sure I have my yard cleaned regularly.

Sandra