[NAGDU] Devistating News

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Mon Jan 11 23:46:03 UTC 2016

Hi Raul,

Dear friends,
I wanted to forward an email our CEO Chris Benninger sent to GDB employees
yesterday regarding some very tragic news. We hope that you will keep
everyone involved in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for being part of
our community.
All My Bes,
Theresa Stern
---
Unfortunately, I have some very devastating news to share. Yesterday evening
in Grant's Pass, Oregon, as our puppy truck drivers Anne Touloukian and Lee
Shenk were coming back from dinner, they were both hit by a truck in the
crosswalk as they were crossing the street. Anne's foot was run over and she
was pushed to the ground. Unfortunately, Lee incurred serious head trauma.
Anne has been released from the hospital, but Lee passed away early this
morning.
The puppies are currently being taken care of by our puppy club in Grant's
Pass and Medford. Oregon staff are traveling down today to pick up the
puppies and bring them to our Boring campus for distribution to our puppy
raisers.
We are working with Anne's husband to arrange for Anne's transportation home
today. We are also currently doing anything and everything we can to support
Lee's wife, Deb, at the moment and will continue to do so in the coming days
ahead.
This is devastating news for all of us and I think we are all still in
shock. I want to thank the many staff who have pitched in to help as we work
through this difficult situation. Your support has made a significant
difference and shows what an amazing and supportive family GDB is.
Many thanks -
Chris