[NAGDU] Darwin's Pet raw dog food

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:08:35 UTC 2016

Sandra,
Domesticated dogs are just as equipped to handle disease as wild dogs
when their immune systems are not suppressed, and are supported
instead. Also, Disease from the meat is not an issue unless you feed
diseased animals, like the animals used for making kibble and
processed dog food.

A Google search on salmonella  and raw feeding or e-coli and raw
feeding will bring up copious articles warning against rawfeeding
because the dog might contract a pathogenic infection from the meat.
This is a myth perpetuated by vets who find salmonella and e-coli in
raw-fed dogs stool samples. What people forget is that we all have
salmonella and e-coli in our digestive tract and even on our skin.
There are plenty of bad bacteria in and on us. However, those microbes
are not an issue until they outnumber our good bacteria. The ratio
should be 80% good to 20% bad. Infection sets in when for whatever
reason, we have not maintained our good bacteria and have fed the bad
bacteria, allowing them to proliferate.

It is not impossible for a raw-fed dog to contract a disease from raw
meat, especially if the meat is not USDA approved. It is impossible
for a healthy raw-fed dog to contract a disease from raw meat.

As for people contracting a disease from handling raw meat, simply
apply the same practices one would use when handling raw meat for
yourself or your family. Wash your hands and clean surfaces and
utensils.
People are also supposed to do this when handling kibble, but often
don't because they are unaware that kibble contains salmonella and
molds.