[NAGDU] Food, allergies, and output

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jan 12 13:50:18 UTC 2016

Krokus might be allergic to chicken, among other things, so a while back I
switched him to Great Life Grainfree Buffalo.  It increased his output to
pooping 3-4 times a day, and he lost a bit of weight.  It didn't stick
well with him.
We switched again to Taste of the Wild Venison and Bison.  His output
dropped to twice a day, and he gained a couple pounds and stopped looking
so scrawny.  But the Taste of the Wild has some chicken, some trace
ingredients from China, and had a recall last year.  So I tried Canidae
Grainfree Bison, which looks to me a bit better, but once again his output
went up to 3-4 times a day, so I went back to the Wild.
I don't want to keep changing his food every few weeks, but I'd like to
find something without chicken, and only U.S. ingredients.  But it's also
got to stick with him, and not all just go through.
There are so many choices, it's confusing, and I'd welcome any ideas.  The
2 foods I tried and rejected look good on paper, but weren't ideal in
practice.
Tracy