[NAGDU] Food, allergies, and output

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 12 15:27:19 UTC 2016

Hi, Tracy!
I feel your pain!!! Jenny is allergic to grain (not sure which one) and pork, and possibly moderately to beef, but I'm not too sure on that one yet.
Jenny has been on Acana Singles Duck and Bartlet Pear and it agrees with her tremendously well. She poops once a day, very occasionally twice, and even when she does, it's definitely much smaller. She is still moderately itchy, but whether that's food related or the fact that the air is so incredibly dry here, I may never quite know entirely. I have wanted to switch her to the lamb and apple, as she adores apple and I think lamb may make the itching better (theory, not fact), but both times I have been to the store, they didn't have the lam and apple.

I switched her over to the Acana Grasslands formula about six weeks ago; it has duck and pear, but also lamb, apple, eggs and fish. It dulled her coat slightly, the itching didn't improve, and she would always go twice a day, almost no exceptions. So I put her back on to the duck and bartlett pear when the Grasslands was done, and even after only four meals, her coat has almost instantaneously softened and her output has decreased in size (not frequency yet).

The other option of Acana Singles is their pork and butternut squash, which is very much not an option for Jenny girl, but might work for your guy.

Daryl