[NAGDU] FW: [seeing-eye] New law in Michigan: Service dogs can be registered

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Jan 18 14:19:16 UTC 2016

You are correct in a sense, but many years ago I was at King's Island,
a theme park, with my sons.  There were three young girls and a
wheelchair.  Every time my sons saw the girls a different one was in
the wheelchair.  They wanted to take advantage of the ability to get
to the front of the ride.  As a result, it is much more difficult to
get on rides at the park.  If someone believes they will benefit from
a law it will be abused.  I do agree that as long as the dog is
behaving it isn't an issue.  It is only when the dog, service animal
or not, misbehaves that there is a big problem.