[NAGDU] Reaching Out

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 24 05:18:02 UTC 2016

 Hi All:

Believe it or not, even though I went nomail throughout the summer and fall for nearly 10 months, I did not erase any of the digests from last year, because there were, and still are, so many interesting topics discussed on here. Nevertheless, I went nomail back in May after changes on my job, and resumed receiving mail I'd say about 3 weeks ago.

There are two situations which were being discussed on here around 11 months ago which I wonder how they have, or are being worked out.

I recall John Sanders having some difficulty with his new Pilot dog. I tried to call him after requesting his phone number to get in touch with him in person. I was not able to reach him. John, if you are still on here, what is happening? I think I may have seen in a latter post on here that you are applying to another school? I am just curious to know what happened.

There was, I presume, a young woman on here named Helga Shriber, who was wanting to know about assistance regarding caring for a guide dog on limited income. When I can, I read through some latest digests. I have not seen her name on here as of late. Out of respect of people's privacy, I am not usually in the business of finding out personal information I don't need to know. However, after reading her questions, I was concerned regarding her situation, as at the time I was trained with my first Seeing Eye Dog, I was, myself, an SSI recipient, and did not land my first full time job until I was trained with my second guide. And, truth be told, after losing my full time work back in 2012, I am down to parttime now, though I am earning as much if not more than some full time people on minimum wage. I am very concerned about blind people starting out, and was hoping I could lend some advice. Helga, if you are still on here, I would be curious to know how you are fairing. If not, could somebody please discretely tell me what happened?

Thanks!

have a good week everyone.

chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Contact Marketing Representative
 Sinclair College
Dayton, Ohio

Every Man, woman, every boy and girl,
Let your love light shine, make a better world.

Daryl Hall And John Oates

Sent from my Braille Sense U2 Mini