[NAGDU] Support Dogs

David david at bakerinet.com
Wed Jan 27 17:19:46 UTC 2016

Someone I met has a 12 year old child with muscular dystrophy and
approached me asking for information about schools that train dogs for
support and balance work.  Her child is having progressive balance
issues and may be wheel chair bound if she cannot find a school that
provides dogs for physical support.  She is concerned that a lab or
golden might be too attractive for her young son to be able to handle
interference from strangers.

Is anyone on the list familiar with schools that provide dogs for
children in this situation?

-- David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL