[NAGDU] Looking for someone and a point to ponder

Lisie Foster lisiefoster at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 19:59:52 UTC 2016

Dan, sorry that you didn't find who you were looking for at the convention!

Your experience with people giving you a hard time because you're deaf in one ear was eerily similar to how deafblind people are often treated by the Deaf community. I never realized that type of attitude was common among individuals who are blind, although I've long been aware of that attitude among many deaf people. It seems that a good portion of the Deaf community, as well as the blind community, don't have much patience for those of us with a dual vision/hearing sensory loss. What a shame!

Lisie and Finn
lisiefoster at yahoo.com
Sent from my iPhone