[NAGDU] What is the "Touch" Command Used For?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 16:15:01 UTC 2016

I use the touch command like Tami does to bridge to other behaviors, but I
also use it by itself when I want the dog to move into a particular spot and
there is no other obvious command.  Examples: when I'm sitting down and
grooming and I need the dog to take a step forward or turn around so I can
reach the other side, I'll use touch and lead the dog into position with the
touch cue.  Another time I might need the dog to move a little back or to
the left or something in an elevator to make more room for others, touch
works really well in this tight space.

HTH
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC