[NAGDU] How do I Know if Peg has a UTI?

Dani Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:13:52 UTC 2016

Hi, Everyone.
What are the signs a dog has a UTI?

Peg has had only one, and I can't remember how it was diagnosed e.g.,
what to look for. I remember the vet receptionist asking if she
strains when she pees. But I'm not sure as a blind person how to tell
whether or not that's happening.

I just took her out to pee, and she squatted and had the back position
that suggested she was peeing. But there was nothing in the bag when I
looked at it. (She's retired and older and sometimes drops while she
walks, so it's just better if I have the bag on her as soon as we walk
out the door and collect whatever business she does, whether it's pee
or poop.)

So ... what do I need to look for? And are there any home remedies I
can give her to help relieve symptoms prior to a vet visit?

Thanks,
Dani