[NAGDU] Fell, again

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jul 14 13:55:51 UTC 2016

I talked with a trainer yesterday.  I'm going to try the idea of
occasionally stopping and checking where the edge is, and moving Krokus
over, if necessary.  I'm also going to be more strict with him.  I have not
made a fuss, if he brushes me against a bush, figuring people let them grow
halfway across the sidewalk, but I'm not going to let it slide anymore and
insist he stop or move over.  That should make him more aware of what's on
my right.  I'll also work on getting him to focus sooner, if I can.  He
tends to start out a bit poky and looking around, then sharpen up after a
couple blocks when he gets into the groove.  I've been working on this
forever, but I'll have to be firmer about it.  I'm not a drill sergeant by
nature, but I think Krokus is a bit lazy, and only does what he's required
to do, so may benefit from me being more demanding.

The school won't send anyone yet, which is OK by me.  I'll try the things
I've outlined, and, if I don't feel I'm making progress, they'll send
someone.

Tracy