[NAGDU] Cataracts,surgery, and havong a guide

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 02:57:06 UTC 2016

Hi Lissie,Mardi here. I have a similar form of cataracts and cortical
vision impairment (permanent double vision caused by a brain injury) and
age related macular degeneration.I chose not to have the surgery as it
would cause more problems than it would resolve and also because I am
loosing the vision I have to the AMD. Even if I did go for the surgery, I
would be blind any way.You have time to think about what you want to do. No
one will judge you for any decision you make. You have trained your dog to
guide and you benefit from using him when you need him so go for it.He
certainly sounds like a wonderful dog.David A., Buddy,Danielle, and
Cindy,all said good sensible things, and I could not have said it better my
self.You don't need to feel ashamed or embarrassed by your type of vision
problem. Every one on this list has some type of vision problem /blindness
issue, and some have additional disabilities as well. You are welcome on
this list and can certainly contribute as well as learn from others. Relax
and try and live your life doing what you need to, so you can enjoy it. We
are all here to listen, give and or take the advice offered and just enjoy
life and our wonderful dogs and or canes. Have a great day, Mardi and
Shaman,semi-retired and Neechee,GD and Sedona,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/