[NAGDU] A question.

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Mon Jun 13 22:40:37 UTC 2016

I disagree.  If it were open to the general public, then yes.  See
information from ADA Title III TAM (Technical Assistance Manual)
Does title III apply to common areas within residential facilities? Although
title III does not apply to strictly residential facilities, it covers
places of public accommodation within residential facilities. Thus, areas
within multifamily residential facilities that qualify as places of public
accommodation are covered by the ADA if use of the areas is not limited
exclusively to owners, residents, and their guests.

ILLUSTRATION 1: A private residential apartment complex includes a swimming
pool for use by apartment tenants and their guests. The complex also sells
pool "memberships" generally to the public. The pool qualifies as a place of
public accommodation.

ILLUSTRATION 2: A residential condominium association maintains a
longstanding policy of restricting use of its party room to owners,
residents, and their guests. Consistent with that policy, it refuses to rent
the room to local businesses and community organizations as a meeting place
for educational seminars. The party room is not a place of public
accommodation.

ILLUSTRATION 3: A private residential apartment complex contains a rental
office. The rental office is a place of public accommodation.