[NAGDU] The Crating issue

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal1968 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:17:16 UTC 2016

Hi Tracy and all others who may have the same question.

It was not until a few months on my third and current job that I started crating my dog. In fact, Yahtzee is the only dog I have crated outside of the house.

On my first two jobs, Pizza Hut and  CSAID USA Relay, There was ample space beneath the desk, (and at Pizza Hut, the shelf), for the dog to lay. Here at Sinclair College, they actually removed the right side of the cubicle to try to give me more space for him, but he seemed to prefer laying underneath the desk, which I actually preferred. Only problem is, unlike my other jobs, my computer and peripherals are prugged in  to the outlet underneath, which is part of the cubicle itself. Poor Yahtzee kept trying to get comfortable, and inadvertently kept disconnecting the power strip, causing me to have to reboot. There are two drawers on the left side of my office desk, which are handy, but the large one on the bottom juts out and takes up space. So, if I am right in front of the desk like I am supposed to be, I cannot blame Yahtzee for feeling a bit suffocated underneath.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I am experiencing the same blink karma I have experienced on my previous two out-of-the-house jobs, and I am seated at the very end of the call center. Once my colleague leaves for the day before I do, or if she does not show up, which sometimes happens, I am seated by myself. I would rather be surrounded by other people, but because I am not, I am able to have a collapsible crate behind me. One of the original founders of our call center who just retired, donated an old quilt, which gives Yahtzee a comfortable place to lay in the crate. He generally spends most of the time sleeping.

There are times when I do take him out of the crate-mainly during the last hour or two of my shift when I am alone in here. I have tried to wean him out of the crate as it is caving in, but he would still rather lay within it. So, I guess I'll buy a new one.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Contact Marketing Representative
Sinclair College
Dayton, Ohio

Please check out my web site for more information regarding Part One of my first published work:
http://www.dvorkin.com/chaimsegal

Every man, woman, every boy and girl,
Let your Love Light Shine, make a better world.
Daryl Hall & John Oates

Sent from my Hinms Braille Sense U2 Mini