[NAGDU] Finding good walks - was Anniversary (LONG)

David david at bakerinet.com
Wed Jun 29 19:44:34 UTC 2016

You're right, Tracy.  I meant to respond to Dan, but life gets in the
way.  I look forward to seeing him again in Orlando in a couple of days.

The same old thing does indeed get tiring and our pups get bored to
tears.  I loop around my subdivision streets to add distance and don't
get over to the wonderful areas where all the wildlife is at the end of
our trail in the Summer, because it is just too darn hot.  In Winter
that makes a nice four mile loop and lots of activity as there are
people fishing, lots of bicyclists, ball players and birds.  I am lucky
to live about a quarter of mile from the trail and a city recreation
center.  Much of the trail is shaded and we walk almost fifty percent of
the way in shade.  We are about eight tenths of a mile from a place
where I set up a weekly breakfast meeting for folks in our homeowners
association. Eight o'clock is usually early enough to avoid a lot of the
heat. In the Summer, we accept a ride home.

'No easy answers, I'm afraid.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL