[NAGDU] Uber and NAGDU

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:59:34 UTC 2016

I've been using Uber for almost 3 years (I think I've taken over 300
rides). Other than access issues of course, and the occasional driver
who doesn't know the city very well, I've never had any problems. I
know the drivers are background checked. I'd trust an Uber driver over
a cab any day, they are held more accountable for their actions by the
rating system and a clear way to report them to Uber.

Regarding stereotyping, I agree we ideally shouldn't, but
unfortunately the majority of my access issues have been by drivers
from foreign countries. Perhaps they don't understand English well, or
refuse to acknowledge that they have to abide by our laws here, I
don't know. But in order to make this situation better I think Uber
needs to keep that in mind. They already send out emails to drivers,
at least hear in Seattle. Obviously the drivers aren't reading or
understanding them if they continue to deny us. Uber needs to
understand the reasons for this if they want to educate these drivers
before they decide to deny us.

Mike