[NAGDU] Pilot Dogs web site

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 08:04:41 UTC 2016

Hi, all,
I just recently discovered that Pilot Dogs's web site isn't accessible with my older version of JAWS.
I'm running JAWS version 5.1 as I still have Windows XP and my computer will be twelve years old later on.
No worries...
I just learned on my IPhone how to read their web site and I'm very excited to say that the web site was very accessible to read with the Voice Over technology.
I figure that if one piece of technology doesn't work, I can use another one.
I wanted to read on Pilot Dogs' orientation and mobility program as I know I'll need a refresher course before I get my next guide dog.
I figure it's important to have a refresher course since the last one I did after ending up in a power wheelchair was in 2012 up until the beginning of 2014.
I hope to ask Pilot if they would consider a wheelchair training program since there are a few guide dog schools who offer this type of training keep giving me the run-a-round.
One told me I needed to be in my chair 75% of the time, second one said I needed to attend a school closer in my region and the third stated they couldn't help me.
Very frustrating...
I hope I can work with them and try to get something going.
To end on a positive note, I'm very proud of myself for exploring a new avenue with their web site and the use of my Voice Over on my IPhone.
Bibi and retired/former
MAR/guide dog son Odie