[NAGDU] something that happened to me today

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:30:49 UTC 2016

Yes Abby, I know how frustrating that can be. The problem I usually
have with people is them opening doors for me but not actually
thinking when they do so. Often times, I have people behind me who
reach in front of me when I'm standing right in front of the door and
end up hitting Thai in the face because he doesn't have the time or
space to move out of the way. Now, he stops a foot or so back from
certain doors that open outward because he understandably doesn't want
to be hit by the door. Also, people usually only open the door part
way and then act like Thai is being ridiculous when he doesn't want to
go through. Um, my dog isn't going to just walk through an opening
that isn't wide enough for both of us without stopping to show it to
me. Then add to that the people who think my dog should push the
button to open the door for me like the wheel chair assistance dog on
campus does, because apparently finding me the door I have no problem
opening myself or even showing me the button I can push isn't good
enough for a guide dog.

Danielle and Thai