[NAGDU] collar question

David david at bakerinet.com
Sat May 14 17:14:36 UTC 2016

My pup was trained with a Martingale collar which tightens like a choke
chain, but cannot actually choke if it is sized correctly. I replaced
the one my trainer used with similar collar.  I liked the nylon
Martingale collar from Ruffwear.  Since a Martingale connects the two
ends of the collar through a short chain, you can snap it like you do
with a choke chain for a warning and you can jerk it for a serious
correction, like walking in front of a moving car, without hurting your
dog's throat.  The Ruffwear collar has tag rings built into it.

As other people have said, there are stronger split rings for keys.  I
prefer the rectangular key keeper that has a barrel nut that screws into
the keeper itself.  If you tighten it, there is little possibility of
the tags being able to come off.  I find that carabiners that clip on
easily also come off easily if they get twisted around.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL