[NAGDU] Allergies

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed May 18 18:03:00 UTC 2016

Hello:

My golden retriever, Eva, has seasonal allergies.  My vet has suggested 50
milligrams of Benadryl twice a day.  She has never treated a guide dog so
does not know if the Benadryl will make Eva drowsy or not.  I plan to call
Pilot and ask their opinion but I thought I would ask all of you if you have
given your dogs Benadryl and if it made them drowsy and effected their work.
I know many of you will start talking about lots of natural stuff but
everything we have tried has not worked.  Changing her food did not help
either.  So here we are trying to find a medication that will help Eva’s
allergies.  She has the yeast infections in both ears again and is rubbing
her eyes and scratching .

Sandra and Eva