[NAGDU] Home alone

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:05:31 UTC 2016

There are times when you would simply not want to take your dog with you. I
think it really doesn't matter what school the dog came from. I can't say
what Leader says about this, but here are times when you might feel it would
be better for you and for the dog if you don't take it.

. If you are going to a very loud concert or a program that includes
fireworks.
.
 A bar where there are lots of peanuts and shells on the floor.
. If you felt some concern about your dog's interaction with other animals,
maybe to a zoo or some kind of circus.
. A friend's house where the friend has allergies.
. A party where there is a crowd and lots of food sitting around. (I find
this uncomfortable sometimes.)

My ex-husband told me to figure out the places where I wouldn't want to take
a dog and then take the dog anyway. I agree with this mostly, but I have
found, for instance, that I can't take the dog where there will be lots of
dogs that are new to him. None of the places I mentioned above are off
limits, but sometimes it is easier not to take the dog there.
Hope this helps.
Cindy Lou Ray