[NAGDU] Treating What Could be Separation Anxiety

Joe Orozco jsoro620 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:15:45 UTC 2016

Hi, thanks to the replies thus far.

To answer your specific questions, the dog has been positioned in a
crate in someone’s office. Though the door can be closed, the dog can
naturally still hear other people walking about. Presumably it can
still sense its handler when they are in proximity, hence giving voice
to the incessant barking. When on leash, the dog can lie still and
behave itself. Unfortunately, maintaining the dog on leash with
another employee is not an ideal arrangement, because it cannot always
be guaranteed an employee will be available.

Again, this is only a temporary period. Yet, it’s something we’re
hoping can be addressed. I’ve looked through two popular books,
Culture Clash and The Other End of the Leash. If anyone else has
specific suggestions and/or other book references, please let me know.
Thank you all kindly in advance for your help.

Joe