[NAGDU] Harness Strap Width

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 01:06:06 UTC 2016

Lisie:

You do not want a harness without the bunny ears.  They help the handle to
stay centered on the dog's back.  Also be sure the ears are not too big or
else the handle will still flop around.  I also agree with Rox and Buddy
about the martingale strap.  I wish Eva's harness had one.  Herd's is a bit
too big for her so it will sometimes move from side to side.  The other
problem is that Eva can get her front legs out of her chest strap when she
is lying down under tables or seats.  It can be frustrating to get up
expecting to be able to walk off immediately to find that your dog is
tangled up half in and half out of her harness.  Most guide dog school
harnesses I have seen are made of thick harness leather with the back and
sometimes the chest strap double thickness.  It is possible that your latigo
leather which is naturally softer and single thickness makes it thinner
which would make it not as stiff and sturdy as other harnesses.

Sandra and Eva