[NAGDU] Amusement Parks: Whether or Not to Leave Guide Dog at Home

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:10:24 UTC 2016

Hello, Everyone:

My friend just invited me to a special RSPV event at Six Flags. This event is basically a preview of coming 2017 attractions and consists of a luncheon, opportunities to go on rides, and animal shows. It is seven hours long.

I have not yet confirmed that I will be going, mostly because I don't know what to do with Demi in this situation. I think the would do fine for the animal shows because she has been to fair and proven to be very solid around different animals; my biggest concern is what to do about the rides. Would it be best to leave her at home? It is such a long time to leave her, but my mother said that she would check on her and relieve her if I decide to leave my dog home. I still don't know if I like the idea, and I am wondering what y'all have done in similar situations. Have any of you taken a guide to an amusement park? If so, what have you done with them when going on rides and such?

Thank you,

Rachel