[NAGDU] Amusement Parks: Whether or Not to Leave Guide Dog at Home

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:09:25 UTC 2016

				One option you have is to see if the park
has a kennel you could leave her in.
Another is to see if someone in the group can't go, or doesn't want to go on
rides and would be ok holding your dog for you while you're on the rides.
Given that you guys are a new team, I'd vote for these options.
I also agree with what others have said, you will probably want to leave
your dog at some point. In my mind, it's not so much "because of an
emergency" but more because there are probably things you will need or want
to do without your dog. Only you know what those things could be. The length
of a dog's career is too long to say "I'd like to do (fill in activity) but
can't/won't because the dog wouldn't like it".