[NAGDU] Seizure disorder and guide dog schools

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Fri Sep 16 21:27:11 UTC 2016

I know someone who thought she would be accepted into a school because she
has had a dog before and her O&M skills are very good, according to the
person who observed her. This person went back and read through her records
and noticed a seizure disorder and says it may take longer to be accepted
and she may not be accepted at all. I don't know anything about the nature
of the seizure disorder. Is it common for schools to turn down people who
have seizure disorders? I would assume hers are not under control.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053