[NAGDU] International travel with a guidedog

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:22:53 UTC 2017

Hi,
Thank you for these considerations. Every mentioned in a previous reply, I am unsure as to the country I will be traveling to, as my university is still adding international destinations for overseas internships for my major. If my dog needs vaccines, then I don't really see this as a bother, considering that I myself may need them as well. I do recognize that access laws will be different or nonexistent overseas. Part of my college education involves understanding other cultures and communicating cross culturally, as I plan to pursue international social work here in the United States, with short-term opportunities overseas in the long run. As far as my husband traveling with me, that is not practical. First, the cost would be doubled, and many internship sites do not provide family housing. He also is not as interested in international travel as I am. We have each left home to pursue internship opportunities in different states, and we have made these times of separation work. While that is certainly not ideal, we do what we need to support one another. Moreover, he is pursuing employment and starting a business, along with being a graduate student. By the time I travel, which would probably be in the spring of 2019 at the earliest, he would be finished with his masters degree and hopefully be employed. We also live in an apartment, and have another pet. The logistics of both of us traveling at the same time would be impractical. My husband  is actually on this list, so he is welcome to chime in and speak for himself regarding caring for a service animal, as he too is highly considering a guy dog as well.
Thanks again for sharing these considerations, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda

Sent from my iPhone

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/singingmywayin%40g