[NAGDU] tools to clip nails

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Sun Apr 9 23:06:37 UTC 2017

OK Becky, <smiling>

Stuff to have on hand:

Quick Stop powder. I can’t recall exactly what this is made of, alum I think, but it stops bleeding if you hit the quick. Just stick the nail into the container. Clean it out of course afterward, or pour some of it into a bowl when you start clipping.

Small scissors for trimming any fur around the paws, esepcially if you use a grinder on Goldewns or GSDs, any dog with fur growing over the nails. That fur gets caught and stops the grinder immediately.

If you have longer hair that droops down when you bend, tie it back. It hurts before that grinder stops with your hair in it.

Finally, treats. Do not forget special high value nail trimming treats.

Did I get them all? <sile>